Please use this blog to help us remember Joshua Lee Anderson, who made the tragic and fatal decision to take his life on Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Please post any memories or thoughts you may have in the comments.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

14 Months Later - Do You Have Any "Josh Treasures?"

My friend Roxanne put this picture of Josh in a beautiful photo album filled with pictures of our two boys. I had seen most of the pictures but not this one. In speaking to her recently, she spent six hours going through previous pictures and found others of Josh that she will send to me. We talked about how finding forgotten pictures of him is like finding "Josh Treasures".

My daughter, Gillian, recently found a couple of black and white pictures that she took of Josh in 2008, when she was taking a photo class in high school. (I will put those in another post.) When she showed me, I was so happy that she found them. A few months ago, I probably would've broken down, so I can see some progress in my grief journey. If you have any pictures of Josh, please email them to me: jandermom@gmail.com. I would love to have them.

I love this picture. What a strong, handsome (and funny) guy.

I'd love to hear of your favorite or most vivid memories of Josh. Each memory, like each picture, is a treasure, wrapped up and stored in this mother's heart. Thanks so much to all those who have shared their "Josh Treasures" with me so far. I will never tire of hearing them. These memories keep him alive.

God Bless

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I love this post of the "Josh Treasures". As I have been going through things in my garage packing to move and today I was looking through old school journals that Bryce wrote when he was in first and seoond grade. I found three pages that Bryce wrote "Josh is coming to my house to play today." A hugh lump came into my throat and memories just flooded in. Bryce was in Boston when he wrote those and was seperated from his friend but he always thought about him. I can see so clearly in my mind so many times when Bryce would come running in to ask me if he could call Josh. He would talk and talk and laugh and laugh on the phone. It amazed me that such a little boy had such a love in his heart for his best friend.

I also found three drawings that the two of them made together. They would make up characters. This is such a vivid memory for Bryce. He said he remembered doing this so many times for hours. They would think up new characters and then draw and color them. I am sure you will find some of these in the drawings we found in Josh's closet.

I am always looking for more pictures. I still hope to find even one more. These Josh treasures are like visits from him.

The picture you posted of Josh kissing his muscle was taken at the Dulles Airport when Bryce was flying home from a visit with your family. Just yesterday Bryce came in and flexed his muscle and kissed it. It must have been something they both did :)

I love you and can't wait to see you. Rox