Please use this blog to help us remember Joshua Lee Anderson, who made the tragic and fatal decision to take his life on Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Please post any memories or thoughts you may have in the comments.


Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Sister's Dedication

I ran a half-marathon a little over a month ago and through my training, found I loved to run outside. Surrounded by nature and your own thoughts, you are able to be away from all distractions and truly have "alone time." I ran the past few days and have decided this will be my time to speak with Josh. Yesterday I told him I was sorry for not reaching out more--as I out of all our siblings could probably relate the most in terms of getting in trouble with my parents. I also told him I was so happy he was able to experience love and a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend. I then asked him to be my protector as I transitioned from the bubble of college to the "real world."

When I run I will converse with Josh. I will share with him what I am thinking and feeling as well as what is going on in my life. I never want to live a life without Josh as an important player.

I have decided to train to run a full marathon in dedication of Josh by the 1-year anniversary of March 18, 2009. My hope is this goal will push me to consistently run and have my time with Josh.

-Josh's sister, Lauren

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that is a great way to cope with the hurt and pain. i didn't personally know josh, but i had a friend over the summer who took his life. and he would always come visit me at work, and when i drive to my job, that's when i talk to him. i feel like it makes me sane, and keeps his thought with me constantly. good luck with your marathon next year, you'll do great with josh watching over you.

Anonymous said...

what a great way to remember him. more power to you lauren. i wish the best of luck in training.

Katie I. said...

ander..your strength is truly inspiring, good luck with all of your training and know that you have my support every step of the way. keep us updated on which marathon you will run/when it is so we can all meet you at the finish line! you're in my thoughts every day!

k.i.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you. Go girl go...


Love,

Mariemma B

Ashley said...

Lauren,

I was recently talking to my roommate about the feelings that we had been feeling. Her family had been through a few of these situations and she had told me her mother who had also lost her younger brother told her that running is one of the best things to do. Like you said it really does clear your mind and gives you that alone time.

I'm constantly praying for your family seriously everyday. Even though I didn't know Josh that well (only saw him at Camp), I like to come read the comments that people write because it lets me know a little bit more about him in each comment.

Josh was an amazing person and his listening to every prayer and word you say.

Ashley